Sunday, June 3, 2007

Coffee with Anu

Anbulla Diary,
Naal: June 03, 2007 - Sunday.

Hi Friends !!!

Today was certainly a memorable one for me :)

First of all I would like to acknowledge my friends who has taken pains in reading my first blog and posting their valuble comments. It was really encouraging :) Thank You Pals !!!

Day started as usual in the morning. Since its a Sunday, I was a bit late to wake up. It was very late when I went to bed yesterday. so, I skipped my regular Shuttle match with Anish :(. Amma made Pongal for breakfast. One of my Periyappas had joined us for today's breakfast.

We were talking about our Kerala trip which is on June 8th, 2007, planning out some places
to visit which are nearby Chalakudy and Thrissur like Athirapally Falls, Guruvayur Temple, Veega Land, IJK, Paathirattu Kaavu Bhagavathy, Ooragam, etc... I was praying that Rain Gods should not spoil our show :(. I had heard about rainy season in Kerala. I am always jealous of that place mainly for this reason. TN, unfortunately being in the rain shadow region of Western Ghats, facing lots of south west monsoon failures [Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsoon ]

I managed to have a good nap on a nice Sunday afternoon after some tiring work for past 6 months. It was about 2.45 PM that I got a call from Anu to confirm our meet. I had to return some of her CDs back, so I had fixed a meeting with her at 4.00 PM today in Cafe Coffe Day.

She had lent me the Bhagavatham CDs of Sri Nochur Venkatraman (Malayalam Version) few days back. I already have SNV's Bhagavatham discourse in Palakkad Tamil but in the last CD, one part is missing :( I am desperatley searching for that missing part but in vain. When I was talking with Anu, I came to know that she has SNVs discourse. so I thought I was lucky and had borrowed the CDs to make a copy. Unfortunately, the CDs she had were not complete. The 3rd CD was missing :D. I think Guruvayurappan has fixed a time for me to listen to the complete discourse of SNV and I am still waiting for that day :)

BTW - I have to tell about Anu.

I am very greatful to Orkut which helped me in gaining relationships with really wonderful, like minded people. I joined Orkut in August 2006 and from then on I am an active member in Palakkad Iyers (PI) community. Its such an happening place in orkut. Lots and lots of discussions and knowledge sharing are going on in that comm. I became an addict to that community. Through that, I gained lot of acquaintances which later became good friendship. We had a golden era in that comm from about August 2006 to December 2006 with all my friends in action. Anu is one among those members :)

Anu is a budding Physiotherapist, studying/living in Bangalore. She often visits her grand parents who are put up in Chennai. She is young and energetic in her thoughts like many of our PI members. she has a great passion towards Social Service and she believes firmly that we could make our life meaningful through service to man kind in whatever possible way. she has
involved in lot of volunteering activities based in Bangalore through iVolunteer Organization. she is an excellant writer which is well conveyed by her posts in the Comm and blog (http://anythnnothneverythn.blogspot.com/ ). She loves her pet (Cats). she is very social at the same time try to understand our conservative principles. She never takes things personally or seriously and gets back to life easily. she is very practical when it comes to life. She often gets into mild arguments with me :) Infact she not even believes what I have told so far about her is true :D

Coming to the track, I woke up by her call and confirmed that I will be there at 4.00 PM. she was not sure about the location of CCD and asked how much should she pay for the rick from Mahalingapuram. I told it should be between 30-40 bucks and told her to wait for me at the enterance. Then, after a nice hot tap water shower, I headed to Ispahani Centre, Nungambakkam in my bike. As it was Sunday evening, the traffic was mild. The roads are decorated with red and black flags of DMK and tube lights for the 84th BirthDay Celebrations of Karunanidhi, Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu.

I reached there by 4.15 PM and saw that Anu was already standing there. We greeted and headed to CCD in first floor. It was full of colorful youngsters having fun on Sunday. The ambiance was very loud and girls are shouting like something. We managed to place the order for our coffee and started our convo. We covered various topics starting from small pep talks to
life of different people in our society, poverty, education, child labour, charity, value additions, dressings, uniforms, culture etc..etc..It also had some talks about each other and gossips about the people whom we know ;D.

She told about the life of child labourers whom she met and their courage and enthusiasm to live their life inspite of their terrible environment. Then we discussed about charity. I see charity only as a short term solution to the problem and it will not suffice in the long run. For that, a clear value addition has to be given to the public as to how to live/lead their life meaningfully. But defenitely it has to be started with charity as their immediate needs has to be catered first. Whe we talk about living meaningful life, we touched some areas of relegion and culture. Then we discussed how people are getting converted for silly reasons. we discussed about the over-conservativeness of elder and younger generations to an extent and the male chauvenistic approach of the society. In short, we had a great time pass and shared our thought process briefly.

It was 6.30 PM by then, and we just peeped our head into Bose show room before we parted for the day.

Through this meet, I came to know some wonderful aspects of life and a different angle to it. Thanks to Anu for sharing her thoughts.

Waiting to start a wonderful Monday morning with loads of freshness and energy..lets see how this week goes :)


Hari Om !!!

5 comments:

kalpathi said...

ahaaa..... kalakkara vengatesh!!! suupperrr :):) whenever i need an ego boost.. il go thru certain sections of ur blog :D... thanks aton.. i too had fun y'day!

ananthanarayanan vaidyanathan said...

why enanbulla diary for only 2days?

Veng@ said...

Kannan Sir,

I was on a short trip for 2 days...so not able to update the blog...will write abt the trip shorty :)

GK said...

Hey Venga! :) Nice blog brother!!! I'd been on a process of 'accidentally' discovering many of our PI members' blogs today.... never knew so many of you were into blogging....

Glad that I discovered this today.... wonderful blog.... do update regularly.... :)

Swami Saranam!

Venish Joe said...

yenna da !!! ippadi aayita ???? :-) Anyways nice read........